July 26, 2007

undying flicks 03




Thomas J. Sennett: Vada?
Vada Sultenfuss: Yeah?
Thomas J. Sennett: Would you think of me?
Vada Sultenfuss: For what?
Thomas J. Sennett: Well, if you don't get to marry Mr. Bixler.
Vada Sultenfuss: I guess.



Romance, Drama, Comedy, Coming Of Age, Love, Buddies, Tear Jerker

MY GIRL is a coming-of-age story about Vada, an independent 11-year-old growing up with her mortician dad in 1972, a year which proves to be a turning point for the young girl. First, she must confront her feelings of jealousy when her widowed father shows interest in his alluring new assistant. Then, shortly after her first kiss with her best friend, she has to deal with an unexpected tragedy that forces her to grow up once and for all.


- I watched this movie several times, I even bought a soundtrack album (tape...wapay cd sauna), and I bought an original vcd (wapay dvd pagpalit nako, mahal pud..hehe). and I used to dress like vada (anna's character). I even forced my dad to buy me a bike when I was still a kid (ahak! motrobike gipalit! kay mapangos daw ko'g bike! tsk!)

and at the end of this journey, my wonderful story begins...

No comments: